Friday, November 2, 2007

Quest 11.2 Online Apps Lessons Learned

Hey! Somehow I did it. Below is my Zoho document published to my blog. In Zoho I had bullets for each line and it was nicely centered, but I'll take what I can get. I tried to fiddle with the blog template settings to stretch the text box area wider, but no luck so far. Maybe other templates are more flexible.

I can see Zoho having great potential in the public library computing world. So many times patrons don't have a disk or can't open their flash drive for whatever reason and this could be a great alternative. I liked some of the other templates in Zoho too - resumes, cover letters, receipts, even nutrition logs. Very multipurpose. This IS an interesting movement away from Microsoft Office products. I found the buttons and features very similar to Office and easy to use. Still has that "ooooo, it's somewhere out there on the Internet and not my own private personal computer" feel though. What would happen if they suddenly went out of business? Still pays to back your material up, but it can be great in a pinch.

No comments: